London, July 2017. The Rev Fr Ulick Loring has agreed to become a trustee of the Portuguese Centenary Appeal. Fr Ulick is a member of the Honorary Committee of the Appeal and is the Parish Priest at St James’s Church in Twickenham.
Fr Ulick Loring was born in St Leonard’s-on-Sea in 1946. Fr Ulick grew up in London and attended The Oratory School, Woodcote, near Reading. He gained a BA in history in 1971 and later an MA in history in 1975 specialising in the Period of Appeasement. Having worked in the Civil Service for thirteen years he was accepted as a student for the Archdiocese of Westminster in 1981. He trained at Allen Hall gaining a Bachelor of Divinity from Heythrop College in 1986. He was ordained by Cardinal Hume at the Church of Our Lady of Dolours, Fulham in 1987.
Father Ulick worked at Our Lady’s Church, St John’s Wood from 1987-1992, University Chaplaincy, Gower Street, 1992-1995, St Thomas of Canterbury, St Leonard’s-on-Sea, 1995-1996, Holy Redeemer, Hollington, 1996-2001. Fr Ulick has been the Parish Priest at St James Church since 2002.
In 2009 Fr Ulick organised the unveiling of a memorial to King Manuel II and Queen Augusta of Portugal at St James’s Church. The event was attended by HH Dom Miguel de Braganza, the Portuguese Ambassador HE Dr Joao de Vallera, the Mayor of Richmond, Councillor Celia Hodges, and the Right Rev George Stack, Auxiliary Bishop of Westminster.
For more information on St James’s Church please click here.
For more information please contact the press office at email@example.com